Absolutely wonderful experience. The paddle route was beautiful, the company was extremely accommodating in arranging a tour that met our exact needs, and our guide was friendly and wonderful. Highly recommend getting off the beaten path with Bananaway!
SUP, Hike and Paraglide Escape in Karst region and Soca Valley
Sup, hike and paraglide weekend is a mix of activities at a couple of very unique and fascinating locations. Active travelers that like diversity will definitely enjoy this retreat full of adventurous activities.
Paragliding across the wine valley with epic views of the Alps and the Adriatic Sea, paddle–boarding in unspoiled nature on the “emerald” Soca river and urban sup adventure right through the center of Slovenian capital city, hiking through forest to see the beautiful Kozjak waterfall and a magnificent scenic ride up in the Slovenian Alps.
Spoil your taste buds, while exploring Slovenian natural pearls from slightly remote viewpoints! See #mustsee, but do not follow the anticipated, touristy path.
ACTIVATE YOUR TASTE BUDS. Taste healthy and traditional local food and enjoy some great wine. Meet fellow travelers and gurmans.
ENJOY ADVENTURES. Be active on land by hiking, and active on water by paddle-boarding through beautiful landscapes. Have fun outdoors, breathe fresh air and forget about the daily routine.
Travel. Relax. Explore »off the beaten path«. Meet active travelers and experience the green Slovenia.
SUP, HIKE and PARAGLIDE WEEKEND PROGRAM
DAY 1:SUP TOUR IN LJUBLJANA
- Pick up at airport: your weekend will start in the afternoon, when your guide will meet you at the Ljubljana airport.
- Meet Ljubljana city centre from water perspective: you’ll have an option to paddle on Ljubljanica river and enjoy an urban adventure. See the city from a different perspective.
- Free time to explore the Ljubljana on your own: you’ll have some free time to explore Ljubljana on your own and to buy some souvenirs before you head back home.
- Accommodation in Ljubljana: you’ll spend the night in the capital of Slovenia and get a chance to enjoy nice summer vibes along the Ljubljanica River and in the city center.
DAY 2: SOCA VALLEY & THE MOUNTAINS
- Breakfast at the hostel, then take a scenic road trip out to the Soča Valley.
- Paddle-boarding on Emerald river: Soča river is one of the most breathtaking rivers in Slovenia, that will impress you with its emerald green colour. We will start with the introductory SUP course, so anybody (who can swim) can join the program. You will paddle through a calm and remote area, glide under the bridges, pass the cliffs and explore a beautiful canyon. You will test your balance with some fun SUP games, and then you’ll chill and relax on a nice beach. Fun is guaranteed!
- Enjoying lunch at a local restaurant, then continue the adventure with a hike through the dramatic Tolmin Gorge. You will check out Bear’s Head Rock and take in the view from the Devil’s Bridge.
- In the late afternoon you’ll finish the road trip to the Vipava Valley. Check into a charming hostel, then indulge in wine and dinner at a local farm.
DAY 3: HIKING AND PARAGLIDING IN THE VIPAVA VALLEY
- Sleep in and enjoy a relaxing morning in the countryside.
- Depending on the weather conditions for the paragliding you will either hike or your guide will take you on a tour of valley, stopping at villages, farms and vineyards along the way.
- In the afternoon you’ll hike from the village of Ajdovščina to the top of Gora (780m), then walk along the edge of a dramatic plateau to the launching point.
- No need to walk back to town. Strap in with a paragliding guide and fly across the wine valley with epic views of the Alps and the Adriatic Sea.
- Celebrate your exhilarating day with dinner and local wines in town.
DAY 4: SUP TOUR IN LJUBLJANA
- You will have enough time to relax over breakfast, then pack your things and head out of town.
- Stop at Križna Cave for a subterranean adventure. Glide across the emerald-coloured water in a small raft, and walk through tunnels to find the ancient remains of Cave Bears.
- You will return to Ljubljana in the afternoon head to the River and gear up for an Urban SUP adventure.
- You’ll paddle through the heart of the city past castles, city life, and iconic sights like the Dragon Bridge.
- Take a dip in the warm river before towelling off and heading to the airport to catch your flight home.
- Airport drop off: you will reach the airport at the right time to catch the evening flight. We will have a good faith that you will come back soon and meet with us again!
WHO IS SUP, HIKE and PARAGLIDE WEEKEND MEANT FOR?
The true adventurers that love to explore new countries and for wine and food lovers. It’s for anybody that wants to spend a weekend spoiling their taste buds and enjoy green Slovenia.
The paddle boarding experiences are not required, introductory sup course is a part of the program, so anyone who can swim can join.
4 day SUP, hike and paraglide weekend: 795€ per person
Group size: min 4, max 8 people
We like to work with small groups, which allows us to create more intimate atmosphere and better connection among the group. With smaller groups we maximise the safety of the group and minimise our environmental footprint. We believe in sustainability. We prefer slow travelling than rushing from location to location.
- Pick up and drop off at Ljubljana airport
- 2 night accommodation in a hostel in Ajdovscina with a breakfast
- 1 night accommodation in Ljubljana
- Bike and wine tour at Karst region
- Škocjan caves entry fee
- Soca Valley car expedition from Vipava to Vrsic mountain pass
- Sup tour in Soča Valley with sup & fun games
- Hike to Kozjak waterfall
- SUP equipment (sup board, paddle, leash)
- Professional guides
- Tourist tax
- Flight to Ljubljana
- Local dinner with wine tasting in Vipava
- Local dinner at Vrsic mountain pass
WHAT TO PACK?
- swimming suit, board shorts, micro fibber towel, flip flops,
- hiking shoes, hiking clothes, hiking backpack,
- sunscreen, water,
- smile and positive energy!
It depends on the season, in spring and autumn time can be colder, so bring a wind stopper and some warmer clothes.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WEATHER IS BAD? Ensuring the safety of paddle-boarders is our number one priority. We can take you paddle-boarding in sunny and cloudy weather, but not in case of heavy rain, river current or wind.
In case of bad weather we will try to adjust the program and activities.
Book yourself a retreat!