Absolutely wonderful experience. The paddle route was beautiful, the company was extremely accommodating in arranging a tour that met our exact needs, and our guide was friendly and wonderful. Highly recommend getting off the beaten path with Bananaway!
SUP, Bike and Hike Escape in Karst region and Soca Valley
Sup, bike and hike weekend is a mix of activities at a couple of very unique and fascinating locations. Active travelers that like diversity will definitely enjoy this retreat full of adventurous activities.
Biking through the countryside of Vipava valley, with views over the vineyards, visiting the underground world by exploring the UNESCO protected Škocjan caves, paddle–boarding in unspoiled nature on the “emerald” Soca river and urban sup adventure right through the center of Slovenian capital city, hiking through forest to see the beautiful Kozjak waterfall and a magnificent scenic ride up in the Slovenian Alps.
Spoil your taste buds, while exploring Slovenian natural pearls from slightly remote viewpoints! See #mustsee, but do not follow the anticipated, touristy path.
ACTIVATE YOUR TASTE BUDS. Taste healthy and traditional local food and enjoy some great wine. Meet fellow travelers and gurmans.
ENJOY ADVENTURES. Be active on land by biking, and active on water by paddle-boarding through beautiful landscapes. Have fun outdoors, breathe fresh air and forget about the daily routine.
Travel. Relax. Explore »off the beaten path«. Meet active travelers and experience the green Slovenia.
SUP, BIKE and HIKE WEEKEND PROGRAM
DAY 1: KARST REGION
- Pick up at airport: your weekend will start in the afternoon, when your guide will meet you at the Ljubljana airport.
- Transportation to the Karst region: Mediterranean climate and bora wind make the area perfect for farming, growing different fruits and vegetables, but it’s especially well known for wine and prosciutto.
- Accomodation: you’ll spend the next two nights at a hostel in Ajdovščina - a small but lovely town in the Karst region.
- A local evening: you’ll stop at a winery in Vipava to have a look at a wine cellar and to taste some fine local wine. You’ll get a chance to eat the Karst prosciutto and other delicious specialities that any gurman would enjoy.
DAY 2: BIKING IN THE VIPAVA COUNTRYSIDE & EXPLORING THE ŠKOCJAN CAVES
- Biking: a pleasant morning cycling tour through the countryside of Vipava valley - the region that is one of the top 10 destinations in Europe according to Lonely Planet. You’ll enjoy the beautiful views of the surrounding hills, vineyards and lovely villages.
- Lunch: you’ll enjoy some traditional food at a local restaurant.
- Exploring Škocjan caves: after lunch you’ll visit one of the UNESCO’s natural and cultural world heritage sites, the Škocjan caves. A beautiful and diverse cave system of great natural and cultural importance.
DAY 3: SOCA VALLEY & THE MOUNTAINS
- Paddle-boarding on Emerald river: Soča river is one of the most breathtaking rivers in Slovenia, that will impress you with its emerald green colour. We will start with the introductory SUP course, so anybody (who can swim) can join the program. You will paddle through a calm and remote area, glide under the bridges, pass the cliffs and explore a beautiful canyon. You will test your balance with some fun SUP games, and then you’ll chill and relax on a nice beach. Fun is guaranteed!
- Kozjak waterfall hike: after some fun on the water, you’ll take an hour long hike to the hidden Kozjak waterfall. You will enjoy the walk through the forest and observe how the landscape keeps changing with every step.
- Meet Upper Soca Valley: we will take the scenic road through Soca valley and make a pit stop at the magnificent canyon called “The Big troughs”, also known as “Velika korita”.
- Enjoy the views of Slovenian Alps: you’ll take an amazing scenic road high up in the Alpine highlands to breathe in the refreshing air. You’ll take the road through Vršič pass high in the mountains.
- Local dinner in the Alpine world: taste some delicious Slovenian food on a high altitude.
- Accommodation in Ljubljana: you’ll spend the night in the capital of Slovenia and get a chance to enjoy nice summer vibes along the Ljubljanica River and in the city center.
DAY 4: SUP TOUR IN LJUBLJANA
- Meet Ljubljana city centre from water perspective: you’ll have an option to paddle on Ljubljanica river and enjoy an urban adventure. See the city from a different perspective.
- Free time to explore the Ljubljana on your own: you’ll have some free time to explore Ljubljana on your own and to buy some souvenirs before you head back home.
- Airport drop off: you will reach the airport at the right time to catch the evening flight. We will have a good faith that you will come back soon and meet with us again!
WHO IS SUP, BIKE and HIKE WEEKEND MEANT FOR?
The true adventurers that love to explore new countries and for wine and food lovers. It’s for anybody that wants to spend a weekend spoiling their taste buds and enjoy green Slovenia.
Some basic cycling skills and experiences are desired.
The paddle boarding experiences are not required, introductory sup course is a part of the program, so anyone who can swim can join.
4 day SUP, bike and hike: 654€ per person
Group size: min 4, max 8 people
We like to work with small groups, which allows us to create more intimate atmosphere and better connection among the group. With smaller groups we maximise the safety of the group and minimise our environmental footprint. We believe in sustainability. We prefer slow travelling than rushing from location to location.book now
- Pick up and drop off at Ljubljana airport
- 2 night accommodation in a hostel in Ajdovscina with a breakfast
- 1 night accommodation in Ljubljana
- Bike and wine tour at Karst region
- Škocjan caves entry fee
- Soca Valley car expedition from Vipava to Vrsic mountain pass
- Sup tour in Soča Valley with sup & fun games
- Hike to Kozjak waterfall
- SUP equipment (sup board, paddle, leash)
- Professional guides
- Tourist tax
- Flight to Ljubljana
- Local dinner with wine tasting in Vipava
- Local dinner at Vrsic mountain pass
WHAT TO PACK?
- swimming suit, board shorts, micro fibber towel, flip flops,
- hiking shoes, hiking clothes, hiking backpack,
- sunscreen, water,
- smile and positive energy!
It depends on the season, in spring and autumn time can be colder, so bring a wind stopper and some warmer clothes.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WEATHER IS BAD? Ensuring the safety of paddle-boarders is our number one priority. We can take you paddle-boarding in sunny and cloudy weather, but not in case of heavy rain, river current or wind.
In case of bad weather we will try to adjust the program and activities.
Book yourself a retreat!