We had really fun time with Spela and Iris exploring lake Bled, Soca valley and Ljubljana city centre.We learned some new skills while experiencing Slovenia’s emerald-green and crystal clear waters on a SUP board.Both Spela and Iris are really nice and professional instructors.Thanks for the great days we had!
SUP and Sail safari cruise croatia
SUP and Sail Safari represents unique summer holidays on Mediterranean sea combining sailing, paddle-boarding, pure relaxation!
For many, sailing itself is the highlight of their holiday experience: the whistle of the wind in the sails, complete independence, cruising past pristine, deserted bays and scenic islands.
And with our paddle-boads we can also explore the coast up close. We’ll paddle along the Adriatic coast and visit gorgeous beaches, only to see one dramatic view after the other open up in front of us. This is the essence of stand-up paddle boarding and the greatest experience it can offer. A truly SUPerb adventure!book now
SUP AND SAIL CRUISE PROGRAMME
PADDLE-BOARD. We’re going to sail longer distances between the islands and paddle-board near the coast. We’ll visit a variety of spots on our stand up paddle boards, organise SUP games, do an SUP workout at sunrise and sunset, paddle out for a night swim and go on a downwind trip for the brave on a windy day.
RELAX. The sup programme will be varied but not exhausting. If you want to simply relax on the deck, you can opt out of any of the daily activities.
LEARN. Because we’ll paddle in calm bays, the programme is suitable for beginners or anyone who hasn’t tried stand-up paddling yet. The programme also includes an introductory SUP and sailing course, which we’ll do on the first day to demonstrate the basics of both activities.
EXPERIENCE. It’s not only about paddle-boarding. We’re going to hike Kornati hill, explore the town of Sibenik, see the Krka waterfall, eat in local restaurants called “krčma”.
We will try to adapt the programme and pace of the trip to the participants’ experience. If you’re already a skilled stand-up paddle boarder and you’d like to have a more intensive programme, please let us know this when you book sup and sail cruise and we will try to consider it.
ABOUT SAILING YACHT
We’ll sail in 4 or 5 berth 50 ft sailing yacht, which is fully equipped and very spacious. High quality materials and professional craftsman combine style, comfort and experience. The sailing yacht features the best sailing qualities, reliable workmanship, perfect style and practical space.
WE TAKE CARE FOR EVERYTHING!
Organiser will take care for the food and drink shopping (make a menu, buy fresh and healthy food – lots of fruit and vegetables, health snacks) and prepare everything for the voyage. If you book the whole sailing yacht, we can hire a cook/hostess to prepare all meals for you. If you have any special requests, please contact us and we will prepare an offer tailored to your needs.
- 12.5. – 19.5.2018: 1.192 € (6 spots available)
- 19.5. – 26.5.2018: 1.192 € (6 spots available)
- 18.8. – 25.8.2018: 1.311 € (6 spots available)
- 22.9. – 29.9.2018: 1.220€ (6 spots available)
- A spot in a cabin for 2 people on spacious 3 cabin sail yacht for 7 days (Saturday – Saturday),
- Professional ASI SUP instructor, who will guide SUP tours and provide you with an introductory SUP course,
- SUP gear rental (Red Paddle Co. SUP board, paddle, leash),
- Professional skipper, who will check the weather forcast, navigate us to the best sup spots, teach you sailing basics,
- Introductory sup course, sail course,
- Sailing expenses: transit log, fuel, water, final cleaning, marine fees,
- Safety on yacht: UHF radio, GPS plotter, nautic cards, lifesaving jackets,
- Comfort package on sail yacht including sheets, blankets, towels,
- drink (water, beer, wine),
- food (in value 800€),
- free WI-FI internet,
- neoprene short suit rental (when needed),
- tourist taxes,
- Bananaway T-shirt,
- pictures form SUP & Sail Safari,
- EJA tourist agency services.
Additional mandatory supplements:
- local fees (local taxes, buoy fees) payable on boards – cca 50-100 €,
- deposit for sail yacht – 400 €, which will be refunded after coming back, if sail yacht won’t be damaged,
- agency application fee – 15 €,
- natural park entrances.
Additional optional supplements:
- food in restaurants,
- private cabin,
- flight booking,
- transfer from and to airport,
- personal health insurance with medical assistance abroad,
- comprehensive travel package insurance,
- skipper and instructor tips (if you think they’ve done a good job),
- spending money.
LOW SEASON: April, May, October.
Higher wind probability, so we recommend you this season if you like sailing. On sunny October days, the sea is still warm enough, so you can jump into refreshing sea.
- Average air temperature: 15 – 25 degrees
- Average sea temperature: 18 – 21 degrees
MIDDLE SEASON: June, September.
June is normally quite warm as the summer starts in the end of June, the sea temperature goes up, so if you are into jumping off the sail yacht and making a deep sea dive, this is a season for you!
- Average air temperature: 25 – 35 degrees
- Average sea temperature: 21 – 24 degrees
TOP SEASON: July, August.
Hot and sunny, not windy really. Perfect summer.
- Average air temperature: 30 – 35 degrees
- Average sea temperature: 24 – 26 degrees
The sail yacht departs Zadar town on Saturdays. The exact mooring location will be known 14 days before the tour. If you will arrive by car, you can park it in the marina.
Airports: The best option is to fly directly to Split (with EasyJet, Lufthansa, Croatia airlines, German wings, TUIfly, Norwegian). A more inexpensive option is the airport in Zagreb. EJA tourist agency can book the best flight and organize a transfer for you.
The SUP & Sail Safari is an active as well as a relaxing holiday. In short, a not to be missed experience! It’s definitely something you’ll want to do again. You can apply alone or with friends or family. Simply choose the dates that fit your schedule best and before you know it, you’ll be discovering the most beautiful corners of the Adriatic Sea on a SUP and a sailing yacht!
We recommend a change of clothes, a towel, comfortable shoes for hiking, a sweater, sunscreen, smile and positive energy!
A bottle of water and some snacks because we will not stop for food until afternoon.
SUP and sail cruise in organized in cooperation with a respected agency that has years of experience with organizing sailing tours in the Mediterranean – Just Perfect Yacht Charter. A young, ambitious and well-organised team of yachtsmen who strive to create unique sailing holidays and doesn’t settle for anything but a perfect experience!
Our yacht will be steered by a professional skipper who has been sailing since childhood and feels that he’s truly free only on a yacht. He’s dedicated to ensuring our safety, carefully monitoring the weather forecast, taking us to the best restaurants and directing the sails towards our goals.
The SUP expeditions will be guided by a Bananaway SUP instructor with the international ASI (Academy of Surfing Instructors) licence, who will guide us through bays, choose suitable conditions for stand-up paddling, carry out SUP workouts, an introductory SUP course and SUP course for anyone who wants to upgrade their knowledge.
The sightseeing SUP tours are not physically demanding and are suitable for anyone who knows how to swim, even without any prior knowledge of stand-up paddle-boarding.
Do you wish to wear a life jacket? Just let us know before the tour.
They are welcome, of course! They simply adore stand-up paddle-boarding!
Children over 12 years of age can join us on their own SUP board, whereas younger kids can sit at the front of their (experienced) parent’s board where they will enjoy the experience as much as if they were holding the paddle themselves.
For their safety, children will wear life jackets.