We had really fun time with Spela and Iris exploring lake Bled, Soca valley and Ljubljana city centre.We learned some new skills while experiencing Slovenia’s emerald-green and crystal clear waters on a SUP board.Both Spela and Iris are really nice and professional instructors.Thanks for the great days we had!
sup and sail adventure – island hopping in croatia
SUP and Sail Adventure is a unique summer holiday in Adriatic sea combining sailing, paddle-boarding and pure relaxation!
The ultimate holiday experience: blowing wind in the sails, complete freedom, cruising past wild, deserted bays and scenic islands.
No fixed timetable and no set course so every trip is an unique Adventure!
With our paddle-boads we can explore the coast up close. We’ll paddle along the Adriatic coast and visit hidden beaches, never knowing what lies around the corner. A truly SUPerb adventure!book now
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRIP
- join the great adventure with no fixed plan
- explore less known islands, bays, beaches,
- enjoy daily sup voyages, exploring the coast up close,
- inhale the feeling of freedom created by sailing,
- get to know sup and sailing lingo – learn the basics,
- challenge your balance with games or relax with sup yoga/pilates,
- try sup surfing behind the sailing yacht,
- get the first experience of windsupping,
- hike to find the best views, get lost in small local villages,
- escape the tense world and RELAX
Starting off with the picking the adventurers from the airport and introducing the crew – guide and skipper.
Boarding the yacht and starting the sailing into the sunset. Yo-ho and a bottle of… just kidding, the pirates will be kept away 🙂
Well, we will try and make the introducing as enjoyable as possible.
The second day will be an introduction to sailing – we bet that you want to try your hand at lifting the sails. Learning the lingo and cursing are not mandatory.
The other part of getting adjust to is the paddling. We will take sups for a spin for the first time. Do not fret if you are not familiar with stand up paddling yet. We will introduce it in a friendly way in a calm bay.
The next few days itinerary is up to you. Fresh breakfast and aromatic coffee are mandatory but the itinerary from there on is completely yours. Be aware that if you lack ideas the guide and skipper are familiar with all the local secrets. Secret coves, sights, best trips and hikes.
Just to give you a short list of ideas we are keen to include:
mini excursions from the boat to find the calm bays, hiking to catch the most breathtaking views in the region, paddle boarding along the rocky coast and snorkeling in the crystal waters. All of those can be combined with sunbathing on the yacht, beach or the coast.
For the adventutrers and adrenaline seekers who do not see any thrill in the activities mentioned before we reccomend to try sup surfing on the waves created by yacht. Or testing out the windsupping. And then maybe calming down with a session of sup yoga to find the inner peace again.The options are almost endless.
We will just book one day to daze you with the beautiful Kornati islands and National park. We will hike the lost village on Male island and get to know the friendly culture of Croatian people and local cuisine in “krčma” – an authentic restaurant with all the yewels of the culinarics. Mediterranean life is sure to amaze you!
The sad day of parting will bring us back to marina. Hopefully there will be no tears at saying goodbye to new friends.
We will drop you off at airport and send you home with some great memories.
About sailing yacht
ABOUT SAILING YACHT
We’ll sail in 4 or 5 berth 50 ft sailing yacht, which is fully equipped and very spacious. High quality materials and professional craftsman combine style, comfort and experience. The sailing yacht features the best sailing qualities, reliable workmanship, perfect style and practical space.
WE TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING!
Organiser will take care for the food and drink shopping (make a menu, buy fresh and healthy food – lots of fruit and vegetables, health snacks) and prepare everything for the voyage. If you book the whole sailing yacht, we can hire a cook/hostess to prepare all meals for you. If you have any special requests, please contact us and we will prepare an offer tailored to your needs.book now
- A spot in a cabin for 2 people on spacious 3 cabin sail yacht for 7 days (Saturday – Saturday),
- Professional ASI SUP instructor, who will guide SUP tours and provide you with an introductory SUP course,
- SUP gear rental (Red Paddle Co. SUP board, paddle, leash),
- Professional skipper, who will check the weather forcast, navigate us to the best sup spots, teach you sailing basics,
- Introductory sup course, sail course,
- Sailing expenses: transit log, fuel, water, final cleaning, marine fees,
- Safety on yacht: UHF radio, GPS plotter, nautic cards, lifesaving jackets,
- Comfort package on sail yacht including sheets, blankets, towels,
- drink (water, beer, wine),
- food (in value 800€),
- free WI-FI internet,
- neoprene short suit rental (when needed),
- tourist taxes,
- Bananaway T-shirt,
- pictures form SUP & Sail Safari,
- EJA tourist agency services.
Additional mandatory supplements:
- local fees (local taxes, buoy fees) payable on boards – cca 50-100 €,
- deposit for sail yacht – 400 €, which will be refunded after coming back, if sail yacht won’t be damaged,
- agency application fee – 15 €,
- natural park entrances.
Additional optional supplements:
- food in restaurants,
- private cabin,
- flight booking,
- transfer from and to airport,
- personal health insurance with medical assistance abroad,
- comprehensive travel package insurance,
- skipper and instructor tips (if you think they’ve done a good job),
- spending money.
LOW SEASON: April, May, October.
Higher wind probability, so we recommend you this season if you like sailing. On sunny October days, the sea is still warm enough, so you can jump into refreshing sea.
- Average air temperature: 15 – 25 degrees
- Average sea temperature: 18 – 21 degrees
MIDDLE SEASON: June, September.
June is normally quite warm as the summer starts in the end of June, the sea temperature goes up, so if you are into jumping off the sail yacht and making a deep sea dive, this is a season for you!
- Average air temperature: 25 – 35 degrees
- Average sea temperature: 21 – 24 degrees
TOP SEASON: July, August.
Hot and sunny, not windy really. Perfect summer.
- Average air temperature: 30 – 35 degrees
- Average sea temperature: 24 – 26 degrees
The sail yacht departs Zadar town on Saturdays. The exact mooring location will be known 14 days before the tour. If you will arrive by car, you can park it in the marina.
Airports: The best option is to fly directly to Split (with EasyJet, Lufthansa, Croatia airlines, German wings, TUIfly, Norwegian). A more inexpensive option is the airport in Zagreb. EJA tourist agency can book the best flight and organize a transfer for you.
The SUP & Sail Safari is an active as well as a relaxing holiday. In short, a not to be missed experience! It’s definitely something you’ll want to do again. You can apply alone or with friends or family. Simply choose the dates that fit your schedule best and before you know it, you’ll be discovering the most beautiful corners of the Adriatic Sea on a SUP and a sailing yacht!
We recommend a change of clothes, a towel, comfortable shoes for hiking, a sweater, sunscreen, smile and positive energy!
A bottle of water and some snacks because we will not stop for food until afternoon.
SUP and sail cruise in organized in cooperation with a respected agency that has years of experience with organizing sailing tours in the Mediterranean – Just Perfect Yacht Charter. A young, ambitious and well-organised team of yachtsmen who strive to create unique sailing holidays and doesn’t settle for anything but a perfect experience!
Our yacht will be steered by a professional skipper who has been sailing since childhood and feels that he’s truly free only on a yacht. He’s dedicated to ensuring our safety, carefully monitoring the weather forecast, taking us to the best restaurants and directing the sails towards our goals.
The SUP expeditions will be guided by a Bananaway SUP instructor with the international ASI (Academy of Surfing Instructors) licence, who will guide us through bays, choose suitable conditions for stand-up paddling, carry out SUP workouts, an introductory SUP course and SUP course for anyone who wants to upgrade their knowledge.
The sightseeing SUP tours are not physically demanding and are suitable for anyone who knows how to swim, even without any prior knowledge of stand-up paddle-boarding.
Do you wish to wear a life jacket? Just let us know before the tour.
They are welcome, of course! They simply adore stand-up paddle-boarding!
Children over 12 years of age can join us on their own SUP board, whereas younger kids can sit at the front of their (experienced) parent’s board where they will enjoy the experience as much as if they were holding the paddle themselves.
For their safety, children will wear life jackets.